PROBLEM WITH HYUNDAI NOTEBOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

saimon

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

Good morning,
I have a little problem with my notebook
HYUNDAI P4 2.8 Ghz with 512 Mb RAM

If I leave my notebook on for about 8 9 hours,
the performance are very bad, because to swap from an application to an
other , the system start to wite/read from/to hard disk and the operation is
long about 1 minute.

If I try to turn off the notebook, the operation is long about 10 minutes.

Why ?

Is this a memory problem or anything else ?

Thanks for the answers.

Saimon(FI - ITALY)

Saimon wrote:
> Good morning,
> I have a little problem with my notebook
> HYUNDAI P4 2.8 Ghz with 512 Mb RAM
>
> If I leave my notebook on for about 8 9 hours,
> the performance are very bad, because to swap from an application to
> an other , the system start to wite/read from/to hard disk and the
> operation is long about 1 minute.
>
> If I try to turn off the notebook, the operation is long about 10
> minutes.
>
> Why ?
>
> Is this a memory problem or anything else ?
>
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> Saimon(FI - ITALY)

Open Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager. Open IDE ATA/ATAPI
Controllers/Primary IDE Channel/Advanced Settings tab. For Device 0,
transfer mode should be DMA if available, current transfer mode should
be Ultra DMA Mode 5. Device 1: Auto Detection or None, DMA if
Available, None Available. Check Secondary IDE Channel, it should be
the same as Primary IDE Channel, Device 1 except Ultra DMA Mode 2.

If these are PIO Mode, and cannot be changed, then you should look for a
chipset driver and/or BIOS update from the vendor.

Check this site - it's English, maybe you can find an Italian
equivalent - the site describes steps for checking other issues for a
slow computer. Follow each step.