[SOLVED] Problem with increasing VRAM on Ryzen 5 5600G x gigapyte A520 aorus elite

Feb 17, 2022
I changed a computer processor from amd r5 3600 to amd r5 5600G. I updated the BIOS to F13 before changing the processor and the computer started and when I wanted to play some games I found vram 512m. So I decided to change it from BIOS (I have 8GB Ram) so I made it 1gb but when I saved it .it came back to the BIOS menu So I put it back as It was 512 and I saved. But when I restart the black screen appears. What is the problem, knowing that when I restore the old processor, the computer booted without a problem?

I changed a computer processor from amd r5 3600 to amd r5 5600G. I updated the BIOS to F13 before changing the processor and the computer started and when I wanted to play some games I found vram 512m. So I decided to change it from BIOS (I have 8GB Ram) so I made it 1gb but when I saved it .it came back to the BIOS menu So I put it back as It was 512 and I saved. But when I restart the black screen appears. What is the problem, knowing that when I restore the old processor, the computer booted without a problem?
Did you reset CMOS when you put in the new processor? It needs to be reset anytime you change either the CPU or memory, and should be reset even after updating BIOS.