Problem with installing AMD drivers

amichal002

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

i have a problem with installing AMD drivers. I own a AMD Radeon HD 7700 and i am currently using windows 8.1

The problem was there since i remember, but i never really looked into it, until today. Basicly, when i tried to update my current driver it said the installation was successful, however there has been an error that said something like "warning occurred during installation". It offers me a log that pretty much says everything went fine but in the driver section, it says: "Driver Installation: Installation failed". I could post the log but its not in English so it wouldnt help much i think. Everything else gets installed but the new drivers dont.

I thought i needed to unistall my current driver first, so i downloaded DDU and unistalled the driver in safe mode and then rebooted. But windows started using the Starnard VGA graphics. In device manager, i couldnt find my graphic card and the problem with driver installation persisted.

Now i cant get anything to work. I still cant install AMD drivers and i cant find my graphic card in device manager so i am stuck in the Standard VGA. I am hopeless now as i have spent over 10 hours browsing forums but havent found a single thing that would help.

I tried using AMD installer, catalyst center or manually installing the driver. All endep up the same.

Also, it is important to say that the graphic card was working absolutely fine. i simply decided to update it because i had outdated drivers.

I am sorry if i sound confusing, English is not my mother tongue. I can also provide screenshots and give more information if needed.

Thank everyone for your time.

amichal002

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

None of the drivers work. i cant run system restore, it gives me an error of some sort and ive been avoiding os reinstall. I see it as the last resort, kind off.

This is the installer ive been using that doesnt work for me. Also, i have disabled windows update long time before the issue.