Problem with key not stopping when I let go

Feb 4, 2019
So for a while I have had this problem when I move forward using the designated key I would let go and it keeps going maybe 4 seconds. It got so annoying but was isolated with one game which I didn't worry but not its affecting another game I play. There another problem with the mouse. Since I play a first person shooter, the mouse is used to look around and sometimes I would try moving right or left and it...guess the best word to use is stutters. I fear all my games will get affected and I dont know what to do. I am using a laptop so using a different keyboard is out of the question. I can barely fit my laptop on this desk.

My first thought is it is due to lag, or connection issues as both games are online based and I dont see this affecting anything outside the game (ive tested using notepad).

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Not really sure about the keyboard. Is the mouse a USB one or wireless with a dongle or bluetooth? Maybe you should check power management settings for the mouse to see if the laptop turns it off to save power because you said "sometimes" it happens.

Go to Control Panel >then> Hardware and Sound >then> Devices and Printers

Right click on your USB mouse, go to Properties, then the Hardware tab.

Highlight USB Input Device (it doesn't show up under Device Manager) and click on Properties. Then click on Change settings.

Then go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. See if this helps.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Are you using a mouse pad? See if changing it or using one (if you don't have one) helps. Also update the relevant drivers for the mouse and the dongle etc.

One more thing: Go to Control Panel > Mouse then Click on Pointer Options tab. Make sure that Display Pointer Trails, Acceleration in Games and Smart Move options are disabled (some of these depend on which of Windows you have). Then exit Mouse Properties window by clicking OK to save your changes.

Feb 4, 2019
I think I saw somethin about v-sync but didn't know what it was, and when I dont know what it is, I leave it alone. And I dont use a mouse pad, I had one but I stopped using it for sanitary purposes.

Also, as of a couple of days of playing games, I have not had either problems. So thanks for the help, I will use it in case it reoccurs