problem with keyboard key working on some apps and not others

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my right arrow key on my keyboard. For some reason, it seems to be working fine in certain applications, such as the game Elden Ring. However, when it comes to using it in Windows or Google Chrome, it simply doesn't work.

I should also add that I've tested my keyboard on a laptop, and the right arrow key seems to work perfectly fine there. This leads me to believe that the issue may be specific to my desktop computer, rather than the keyboard itself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
sounds like a conflict

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Reactions: VitorMoreira2525

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
sounds like a conflict

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
Sadly, that did not work... I think the key is being activated but just does not do anything, when I'm watching a movie and press the key, I see the timeline of the movie but nothing happens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
does it work in safe mode?

open start menu/power menu
while holding shift, click restart button
this loads windows into a blue menu at startup
  1. choose troubleshoot
  2. choose advanced
  3. choose startup settings
  4. click the restart button
  5. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  6. Pc will restart and load safe mode
it might be a driver conflict

have you tried running an anti virus scan? maybe its weird malware

Last edited: