Problem with lag when running games

• Thread starter Deleted member 2377246
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2377246

Hi,

I experience drops in fps on about every game i play. For example in Total War Warhammer every 30 seconds my lag drops to about 15 fps from 40-50. Graphic setting are set to High (recommended settings). When i run the game benchmark the lowest fps is 39 and the drop does not occur.

That also happens in GTA V, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, XCOM 2 (using the recommended settings)

My specs:

AMD FX-8350
16 GB RAM DDR3 1600
Asus Radeon R9 270x 2 GB
ASRock 970 Extreme3 (first release)
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 (where my games are installed)
Sirtec HPC-500-G12S 500W

I have the latest video drivers installed.
CPU temperature does't go above 72 degrees C
GPU temperature does't go above 65 degrees C

Thank you in advance!

birne

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Try looking at the clockrate of your cpu, and see if it dips while you are experiencing these fps drops.
you can do that with cpuz, speedfan, coretemp, or any monitoring tool.
did this happen after you un/installed/updated something in your system, or was it always present.
what cooler do you have?
it should be a top/down blower that blows down on the cooler and board.

Cioby

Distinguished
Monitor your CPU and GPU in-game. See which one drops values or rises in temperature while the fps drops occur. That's your culprit. But if it only happens in one location or a certain move you make, it might just be the fact that your PC is too weak for a certain feature in the game.

Example: I run Witcher 3 at 4K 55+ fps but when I run through a forest I get 45+ fps. So the issue is the fact that many of the features of the vegetation and trees are too demanding. For other games it might be fire/smoke/water. Those are common demanding features for older or weaker systems.

D

Deleted member 2377246

CPU temp is 67, GPU temp is 65 during the lag. I don't think this is the problem.

When running the game, the GPU usage, after ~30 sec, drops from 100% to about 50% and the lag appears.

@birne: I had this problem from a long time ago, about one year. Reducing the video setting helped a bit with the lag. With lower video setting i have about 20-25 fps when the lag hits.

@Cioby: This problem occurs regardless of the game zone i am in.