Question Problem with Laptop after plugging in to external monitor

Nov 10, 2021
Hi I have an acer es1-s31 laptop. It was working fine (plugged into the wall) then I plugged it in to a new external monitor that just arrived to test that it was working. (It works fine as I tested it later on something else) However shortly after connecting it to the external monitor the laptop died and I can't revive it. It gets one blue light on the right side of the two lights so I know its getting power in. But it doesnt start up at all. I did notice if I try and unplug it from the wall it doesnt get even the single blue light- when its just the battery. Not sure if these issues are related.

I tried another external monitor but nothing just black screen and that makes sense because despite the one blue light when plugged into the wall I dont think it has any power as it doesn't light up my external drive connected to it either.

I triued pressing the battery reset at the back of the computer but that didnt seem to do anything.

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Nov 10, 2021
Hi Thanks for your response.

Acer Model number N15W4

And yes that's right, I plugged it into the rear HDMI port (as per page 12).

Without any connected external device no access to BIOS or anything. Just a dead screen.

Nov 10, 2021
Also I've been charging it at least six or seven hours now but if I unplug it I lose the one single blue indictor light that has been on. As soon as I plug it back in the blue indicator light (on the right of the two above the keyboard on the left hand side) comes back on. But the screen is still dead.