[SOLVED] problem with left screen hinge on my laptop

FrenchyfromPA

Reputable
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

For a few weeks now I have some problems with my HP laptop 15-af131dx. I was hearing all the time a cracking noise each time I opened it but I didn't really pay attention to it. The left hinge is stuck and it twists the plastic cover. I send photos as attachment so you can see how it looks like. Is the left hinge broken and should I buy a new one? I saw a few videos how to install a hinge on YouTube so I will do it by myself. Does anybody have any recommendations for the type of hinge I will need and any links on Amazon or other sites?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Serge

Solution
It's a real famous problem with laptops , and the reason of this is mostly a design flaw, I experienced what you said with my lenovo laptop but I saved it with glue XD
Sorry I wanted to post the photos from my computer on this site but I have no clue how to do it...

Upload your photos to a shareable place like imgr and use the Insert Image button to insert it into your post. I'll tell you now though without pictures that the type of hinge you need is one made for your laptop (so just do a search for your model hinge) and it may not be hinge issue but an issue with the case mounts breaking that hold the hinge or some other part. You would really need to take it apart to check how the connections are.

Jul 12, 2020
It's a real famous problem with laptops , and the reason of this is mostly a design flaw, I experienced what you said with my lenovo laptop but I saved it with glue XD

Solution