[SOLVED] Problem with low inconsistent volume on Cisco 9865HDC on newer television with soundbar

Xboxerj

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
I am having an issue that I have had in the past with the Cisco 9865HDC brand of DVRs. At times when I had my soundbar an LG LAS551H connected via ARC I would usually set my Soundbar to 13 out of 100 and get great sound. One Samsung I had produced fine sound but the follow up one did not through the bar. I just purchased a qn5580DT and have the bar connected via ARC. I have the same box connected and the volume is now comfortable at about 25-30, sometimes higher. In the devices menu I see many various settings (wide, fixed, variable, stereo) that I have no idea what I should have them set to. Also, I have read about CEC (not sure what it entails) issues and that some have been fixed using a Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male to correct any CEC issues. Could someone please tell me what the settings should be on this television in the devices menu and see if it helps it? Would the adapter help? I would try a new DVR but I have the Enhanced one and while I know they are hard to find but I can get one my entire series manager (of which I have 32) gets erased and then I have to find each show over to set the DVR. When it is out of season for a show and you have to keep track to reset the DVR is a pain. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Solution
The settings you speak of would require you to test them out one by one with respect to your viewing/listening(or wherever you sit to consume your audio and video). Sometimes one setting can be god while the same setting might be bad for your content with respect to the time of day, even.

Lutfij

Titan
The settings you speak of would require you to test them out one by one with respect to your viewing/listening(or wherever you sit to consume your audio and video). Sometimes one setting can be god while the same setting might be bad for your content with respect to the time of day, even.

Solution

Xboxerj

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
Thanks for responding. I believe I have the best options set for the television and the DVR. But I did order the Lindy adapter and some new certified HDMI. Perhaps either of those might help the sound. Could be a software update of the DVR affected the bar also. Try the new parts tomorrow and see what happens for now.