agarsuperteam

Commendable
May 3, 2018
M.2 ssd got disconnected from slot(was held in place with piece of tape). It happened while I was browsing web and than pc crashed, which is normal behaviour cause windows was running on m.2. But when i put it back, my pc started up, but it is now stuck at black screen, cant even enter bios. So i did some troubleshooting and got to the point where I removed all harddrives and gpu. After removing them i hooked up monitor to motherboard but still blackscreen. I even removed battery from motherboard to reset bios, but no help. So did i manage to somehow damage my motherboard when my ssd came loose? Any help much appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
M.2 ssd got disconnected from slot(was held in place with piece of tape). It happened while I was browsing web and than pc crashed, which is normal behaviour cause windows was running on m.2.
Why would the M.2 SSD on your platform be held in with tape? Didn't the board come with a standoff and screw or a clip(Asus Prime B360M-K) to secure the SSD in place?

But when i put it back, my pc started up,
What?! You mean the system powered itself back on?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Reactions: agarsuperteam

agarsuperteam

Commendable
May 3, 2018
The Asus Z170-a board did not come with standoff screw. Sorry for confusion with that sentence, I meant that when I put m.2 ssd in place again and than started up my pc it just is stuck at black screen. English is not my native language, but i will try my best! Also I will order the correct srew tonight, I cannot have pc go out like this again!

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
Ram: HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 C14 2x4GB
SSD1: Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB
SSD2: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair rm750x

agarsuperteam

Commendable
May 3, 2018
M.2 ssd got disconnected from slot(was held in place with piece of tape). It happened while I was browsing web and than pc crashed, which is normal behaviour cause windows was running on m.2.
Why would the M.2 SSD on your platform be held in with tape? Didn't the board come with a standoff and screw or a clip(Asus Prime B360M-K) to secure the SSD in place?

But when i put it back, my pc started up,
What?! You mean the system powered itself back on?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Is it possible that my motherboard is fried? I have done multiple startups, but still black screen. I also did reset for motherboard.