rave64

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
hi guyz.. this is the story..i have 2 pc's (mine and my brother) on my house with 2gb of ram.. one with 667mhz kingston and the other with 800mhz supertranx something like that.. well i decided to put the supertrenx memory on my pc to have 4gb.. well i proceed.. i put it without problems and boot.. yay window detect 4gb of ram without problem.. i played for like 30 mins with better performance... then i put back the supertrenx memory to my brother pc... put it.. boot.. and no video( no 3ticks) .. WTF? oh *** i started sweating i damaged my brothers ram.. well calm lets try in the other slot.. nothing.. lets try the memory alone on my pc.. nothing .. lets try my memory on his pc.. nothing.. OH *** I DAMAGED THE 2 sticks..lets try my memory on the other slot... pc boots...phew.. lets try the 2 sticks on my brother pc... nothing... lets try the 2 sticks on my pc.. the pc boots but window detects just 2gb of ram (kingston) in some cases 4gb but only 2gb usable.. i checked the dimm slot on the bios and it recognize the supertranx memory .. cpu-z says i have 4gb of ram and recognize the supertranx memory in his respective slot.. i run games and the performance is the same that i have with 2gb of ram.. what happened? can someone help me plz.. sorry for my english

Damorian

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hi Rave,

Try putting both sticks in your computer and then run memtest.
You can find it at http://www.memtest.org/

Then you can once and for all figure out if the stick is damaged or not.

rave64

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

hi ty for your answer.. is there any version of memtest that can run on window 7 64 bits?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Have you been to the web site Damorian gave you? http://www.memtest.org/

It's there. You download a zipped version of the bootable ISO. Unpack it. Burn the ISO to a CD. Then reboot with the CD in and boot to the CD drive. It doesn't matter what OS you have as it boots and runs off the CD before the OS is loaded.