Problem with Microsoft precision racing wheel at windows 7 64bit... Please help

NUKE457

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
So... I own a microsoft precision racing wheel and recently I tried to instal the drivers found in the CD that I had from back at the good o'l dayz :p
But as it turned out, they didn't work on 64 bit.
Any suggestions? I am currently searching the web but I CAN'T find ANY drivers for this thing at Windows 7. Also when I plug it up it doesn't even show up at the device menu...
What should I do?

Where can I find those damn drivers...
Any help?

NUKE457

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
I solved it!
In a weird way...
So, My problem was that the drivers I had from the CD ROM was 32 bit drivers and my system is 64, so everytime I was running the installation from the CD ROM windows showed an error message to me saying "incompatible drivers" or something like this and canceled the installation.
But I figured that if I copy paste the drivers from the CD ROM to a folder in my PC and trigger the installation from there, providing administrator privileges ofcourse, windows didn't show any error message and I could finally install the drivers. So... It worked!
The only thing you have to do is, run the installation not from the CD but from a folder in your PC and provide administrator privileges when installing. (and restart Windows ofcourse)
I had to say though that the configuration menu (for the wheel) is not responding at all. Meaning that I can't configure the sensitivity or deadzone for my wheel. BUT! I CAN configure it from any game menu. Like if you are playing Project Cars you can configure it from the settings menu... (that's a relief :p)

Anyway... I know that allot of people might have a Microsoft precision racing wheel and maybe lost their CD or whatever... I searched the internet and didn't find any drivers ANYWHERE (only malwares and viruses...) so, if anyone wants he can PM me and I can give him my drivers.

For those who might want any drivers he can PM in my YouTube channel [https://www.youtube.com/user/CornerkiddO]
See ya!

shajju

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Hi

Can you send me the drivers please? ahundredzeroes@gmail.com.