Problem with MN-700 Base Station Management Tool

I recently set up a new "wireless g" base station for my
home network. After the usual headaches, everything
appeared to be going smoothly, and my network runs fine.
The Problem is, I can't access the management tool for my
base station to check or change settings etc. The
networking utility shows that my base station exists, but
the drop-down meny does not give me the option of
accessing it. Any ideas what might be wrong and how I
fix it? I'd love to know. --Thanks, Dave Karp

Hi,

Have you tried accessint the Base Station Management Tool from Internet
Explorer?
Open up Internet Explorer and in the address bar type in http://192.168.2.1/

If that still doesn't work then check to see if there are any proxy
information on your Internet
Explorer that might be blocking your access.
Check your Proxy info by doing the following
Open up your Internet Explorer, then click on Tools then Internet Options.
Now click on the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN settings button
then uncheck all the checkmarks in that window and then hit OK and then OK
again. Then in the address bar type in http://192.168.2.1/ and see if you
get the Base Station Management Tool screen.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Dave Karp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently set up a new "wireless g" base station for my
> home network. After the usual headaches, everything
> appeared to be going smoothly, and my network runs fine.
> The Problem is, I can't access the management tool for my
> base station to check or change settings etc. The
> networking utility shows that my base station exists, but
> the drop-down meny does not give me the option of
> accessing it. Any ideas what might be wrong and how I
> fix it? I'd love to know. --Thanks, Dave Karp

TRENDING THREADS