[SOLVED] Problem with monitor connected to integrated GPU (motherboard's HDMI port) ?

Feb 27, 2021
So i recently made it so i have my both screens connected to hdmi ports. main screen connected to the graphics card and the other to the motherboard.
However when i boot games in the second screen (motherboard screen) it gives me a driver warning for example red dead online, clicking canel closes the game, clicking ok lets me play anyway.

What i wonder is do i need to update the drivers for the integrated GPU or is there some other bios setting i need to fiddle with to make it make use of the graphics card ? I am a bit lost when it comes to these things as i used to use a hdmi to dpi adapter cable but it was a quite <Mod Edit> one and kept being able to fall out of the monitor so got tired of that and just got an hdmi cable instead.

the card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
and the rest of the specs are these.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Inet_AB
System Model: Z390 AORUS ULTRA
BIOS: F7 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32628MB RAM
Page File: 15589MB used, 21901MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Any advice might be helpful :)

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10, so you're behind on that front. You should also update your BIOS, F7>F8>F9 since you're behind on that front as well. You should also be hooking all monitors to your discrete card. Got a link to your discrete GPU? I'd have also gotten a K suffix processor since you bought a Z series chipset motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10, so you're behind on that front. You should also update your BIOS, F7>F8>F9 since you're behind on that front as well. You should also be hooking all monitors to your discrete card. Got a link to your discrete GPU? I'd have also gotten a K suffix processor since you bought a Z series chipset motherboard.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution