[SOLVED] PROBLEM WITH MONITORS MICROPHONE

Oct 3, 2021
Hello guys, i have the lg 27gl850 monitor. A while back i found out that it has a built in microphone since i used it with discord ( no other input line has ever been pluged into the pc), but after that my pc fails to recognise it, the pc only recognises output from the monitor although ther are no built in speakers. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Scroll down to inputs and outputs, here, you'll see that the monitor has a speaker out, meaning if the monitor is paired with an HDMI cable or DP, you can pass through audio and have them output to a headphone or a speaker that's paired to the monitor, reducing the need for speaker wires or eliminating the need to plug the speaker to the PC's onboard sound card.

FYI, the monitor does not have built in speakers, it's stated in the link I've parsed above.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Scroll down to inputs and outputs, here, you'll see that the monitor has a speaker out, meaning if the monitor is paired with an HDMI cable or DP, you can pass through audio and have them output to a headphone or a speaker that's paired to the monitor, reducing the need for speaker wires or eliminating the need to plug the speaker to the PC's onboard sound card.

FYI, the monitor does not have built in speakers, it's stated in the link I've parsed above.

Reactions: SweetestDemise
Solution