Question Problem with mouse driver?

Sep 29, 2019
I'm having a very annoying problem with my mouse, and I think I narrowed it down to the driver. The mouse keeps double-clicking everything, to the point that the PC is amost unusable. I can't even drag and drop without "losing the drag" halfway through because the mouse interpreted a click that I didn't do.

-I've changed USB ports.
-I've changed mice. Original was Microsoft Sidewinder (about 10 years old). New mouse is Logitech G502 Hero. Problem is the same.
-I've ran the hardware troubleshooter, it showed no problems.
-I've gone to device manager and deleted then reinstalled mouse and keyboard drivers.
-I deleted all Logitech software and reinstalled.

I noticed that device manager shows 3 mice drivers (all are generic "HID-compliant mouse"). I deleted two of them and the mouse started working properly again...for about an hour. Then the problem reappeared. I checked device manager and sure enough, I'm back to 3 mice drivers listed in device manager as Windows automatically put the other two back in. I deleted all 3 and rebooted. Again, device manager went back to 3 after reboot. Incidentally, I also have 5 keyboard drivers, although I haven't noticed any issues with my keyboard.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit

Any advice appreciated.