Question Problem with mouse not responding correctly

Jul 16, 2019
Hi there,

I have a Logitech G700s wireless gaming mouse and recently the left mouse button has not been responding correctly, for instance when I drag and drop a file it won't drag , sometimes when dragging a file it opens it instead of moving it. If i'm trying to highlight text it will stop mid highlight. Does anyone have any ideas ? I have tried removing the USB receiver waiting ten seconds and plugging it back in and also tried blowing the mouse out with a electrical cleaner but have not had any success :(

Any help would be appreciated.

DavidDisciple

Commendable
May 29, 2017
Two things to try. Go into your mouse settings For windows 7

Go into the device manager and uninstall the mouse WITHOUT deleting the drivers. Then reinstall it by clicking on the 'Scan for hardware changes' in the upper left corner of the device manager window. This will re-install the mouse.

Or you could look at how the mouse is configured in Windows.
  1. Click the Start Menu in the lower left corner of the Screen.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. In the upper right corner of Control Panel, if View By: is set to Category, click the drop down arrow next to Category, then select Large Icons.
  4. Scroll down and click on Mouse.
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open.
  6. Click the Buttons tab.
  7. Make sure the top box is unchecked.
For Windows 10 you need to go to Contol Panel and look for 'Mouse'
I think its basically the same thing.

If it still happens then get a new mouse as
AllanGH said.

Jul 16, 2019
Two things to try. Go into your mouse settings For windows 7

Go into the device manager and uninstall the mouse WITHOUT deleting the drivers. Then reinstall it by clicking on the 'Scan for hardware changes' in the upper left corner of the device manager window. This will re-install the mouse.

Or you could look at how the mouse is configured in Windows.
  1. Click the Start Menu in the lower left corner of the Screen.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. In the upper right corner of Control Panel, if View By: is set to Category, click the drop down arrow next to Category, then select Large Icons.
  4. Scroll down and click on Mouse.
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open.
  6. Click the Buttons tab.
  7. Make sure the top box is unchecked.
For Windows 10 you need to go to Contol Panel and look for 'Mouse'
I think its basically the same thing.

If it still happens then get a new mouse as
AllanGH said.

Ok I looked at the configuration and its correct. How to I uninstall the mouse without uninstalling the drivers ? I'm on WIN10