Question Problem with MSI Z490 Edge motherboard ?

joshuaheredia

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
While building my Pc I ran to issue that I notice that nothing was turning on no power or spin from the fans or rgb when plugged in or maybe I plugged them in the wrong way but I set power with the 24-pin to the MB and plugged in with power to the cpu and there’s no any sign of lighting, beeps, or any movement, I tested out the psu with the paper clip method and the fan spin so I don’t know if I got a faulty motherboard or I need a bigger wattage psu( I currently have 750w psu) ?
Specs:

Lian Li Dynamic 011
Ek 360 aio
Intel i9-10900k
Z490 MSI Edge
G.Skill Trident Royal 32GB
1 TB M.2 SSD
4TB Ironwolf HDD
GeForce 3080
750W RM Corsair
9 LL120 Corsair Fans
Lian Li Strimers
(RGB Lighting Controller)

Any ideas what’s wrong?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The paperclip test is a failed test, since it asks you introduce a load via a dead HDD or a fan, something that is of least importance. It doesn't tell you how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system at any given time.

Breadboard the system, with the bare minimum power up the system. While breadboarded, inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken socket pins.

Reactions: joshuaheredia

joshuaheredia

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
The paperclip test is a failed test, since it asks you introduce a load via a dead HDD or a fan, something that is of least importance. It doesn't tell you how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system at any given time.

Breadboard the system, with the bare minimum power up the system. While breadboarded, inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken socket pins.

I checked the cpu socket, is there anyway to send you images of the socket the pins seem to be at the same direction but every single time I plug in the 24 pin and the cpu power there just no sign of life, I hear the psu buzzing a little but it’s just not powering on the motherboard