Question Problem with my battery, does anyone know if I need to buy a new one?

Mar 5, 2022
kd702j61td4v.png
I have a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-728C and I've a problem with the battery. I've had this problem with my laptop for 7 months now. Whenever the laptop is under heavy use, it stops accepting charge. Like, the charger will remain physically connected but the laptop itself won't charge. The laptop will run just on battery power while it does this. It happens with the exact same games and settings that I used to play them with. I originally thought it was because of the A/C adapter so I replaced it with a new one (same wattage as the one that came in the box, and also from the acer store, 180W) but the problem still persisted. I have tried different outlets. I've tried the battery recalibration multiple times. I've already reset the Microsoft AC Adapter and ACPI-Compliant control method battery drivers in Device Manager. Reset windows to factory settings and the problem still remains.The only thing left I think it could be is the battery? The wear level is at 29.0%. I'm not sure why this would make the laptop run only on battery when a lot of power is being used. Has anyone ever had this same problem? I don't want to spend another 80$ on a battery for this laptop just for the problem to continue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try and see if the laptop has any BIOS versions pending update. Then you can check to see if your OS is pending update. Speaking of which, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for the battery/laptop considering you're on the 7th month of the issue, when was the laptop purchased? If you're under warranty period, instead of performing any replacements on your end, it's best if you keep the seller and Acer in the loop with an email pertaining to the issue, in case you need to perform an RMA.

Mar 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try and see if the laptop has any BIOS versions pending update. Then you can check to see if your OS is pending update. Speaking of which, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for the battery/laptop considering you're on the 7th month of the issue, when was the laptop purchased? If you're under warranty period, instead of performing any replacements on your end, it's best if you keep the seller and Acer in the loop with an email pertaining to the issue, in case you need to perform an RMA.

The laptop is already out of warranty. This problem started just after the warranty expired. So I can't do that. I recently moved to Windows 11 version 21H2..The bios listed under the drivers website of my laptop model on Acer stops at the current version I'm at so I think I'm on the most current version.