Problem with my computers CPU and RAM, monitor won't launch

piearon

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
So, I've bought all the components for my home built gaming PC, and I'm fairly sure I've put it together properly. When I plug the pc in, the case will glow blue (which it's suppose to do that) and the fans will run and all that. However, my motherboard has an inbuilt EZ LED Debugging display, and it's showing the RAM and CPU have problems. Also, when I plug in my monitor to the HDMI, it goes instantly to Power Saving Mode, and won't come back up. Here's my build:

Motherboard: Msi B350 PC Mate
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700x
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16*2 kit) 3000MHz CMK32GX4M2B3000C15

If you need any more specs, please let me know. I appreciate any support on this matter.

piearon

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

Yes, the 8 pin power cable is connected. I tested my computer with only one RAM stick in, and it's still having the same error. Thank you for the new idea to try though.

piearon

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Alright, so it's gone from bad to worse. I went through the entire list, did everything possible, and now I'm breadboarding it. I'm not sure if it's the system speaker or the CPU, but it's not working. The board will power up, but the EZ Debug LED display for CPU still lights up, and I hear no beeps at all. All that's in there right now is the CPU, the heat sink, and the PSU. Please help?

piearon

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xKQkdbh_QCYmlTRFZXcTVSajRLb2pCWV9Qd1hodHJIajA0/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

You should be able to click on the link in the middle.

piearon

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Random question from tech support I got from a friend, what if my motherboard needs a BIOS update? He said that a lot of the time if the board needs an update, it won't even detect the CPU, which would explain the problem. If this could be the case, can someone tell me how to check if the board needs an update, and if so, how to do that considering I can't use a monitor? Thanks.