Question Problem with my dual monitors.

Mar 3, 2021
I have a dual monitor setup. my Main is a 27in 1440p 170hz display and my 2nd monitor is a 24in 1080 60hz. My problem is 8 out of 10 reboots my 2nd monitor doesnt get detected. I always have to unplug and plug it back in in order for it to work properly. I also notice that i have to do this aswell for my keyboard corsair strafe rgb for the icue app to detect my keyboard.
Both of my monitors are working fine but its annoying that everytime i open my pc i have to unplug and plug in my 2nd monitor for it to work normally.

my pc specs.
i7-9700k
rtx 3080
16gb ram
1tb m.2
corsair rm850 psu

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to state the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're currently working with. Have you tried working with a different wall outlet for your power?

Mar 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to state the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're currently working with. Have you tried working with a different wall outlet for your power?
My Motherboard is Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro bios version is F10.
Psu is 2 years old.

Everythinig runs smoothly as long as plug my 2nd monitor after i turn on my PC.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Check the usb settings in bios. Sometimes they set to default 'partial' check on boot, you should probably set to 'full' or 'on' because the particular ports they are plugged into are not getting a handshake signal.

Hdmi and DisplayPort also require a handshake, unplugging and replugging provides that. It seems the gpu isn't covering that aspect. Some bios have multi-monitor support switches that during post assign a handshake to discover secondary monitors. It's intended for use of dgpu and igpu, but can work for either if windows is being it's usual bone headed self.

Might help. Might not. Worth a try since hdmi uses the pcie buss and kb use a USB buss which are unrelated internally anywhere except in the cpu. Can also check in the advanced power settings for similar.

Mar 3, 2021
Check the usb settings in bios. Sometimes they set to default 'partial' check on boot, you should probably set to 'full' or 'on' because the particular ports they are plugged into are not getting a handshake signal.

Hdmi and DisplayPort also require a handshake, unplugging and replugging provides that. It seems the gpu isn't covering that aspect. Some bios have multi-monitor support switches that during post assign a handshake to discover secondary monitors. It's intended for use of dgpu and igpu, but can work for either if windows is being it's usual bone headed self.

Might help. Might not. Worth a try since hdmi uses the pcie buss and kb use a USB buss which are unrelated internally anywhere except in the cpu. Can also check in the advanced power settings for similar.
Can you explain it to me like im 5? i'll try and google on how to do those stuff that you just said. i've never touch my bios so i literally have no idea how to do what you just said.