Problem with my Evga GTX 280

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Guys need really help . I bought 2 years ago my EVGA GTX 280 . All was fine .I was play for about year without artifacts CRYSIS, COD 4 , 5, GTA IV , ALL GAMES JUST ALL GAMES. And other games was OK . maybe 50 titles...

But yesterday i installed NFS SHIFT .. and what???? On some races i see a flickering black lines or points , i now that is bad for my card. SOme races are ok , but some NOT. Just see flickering artifacts black or red llines . Black points. SOmetimes are all ok sometimes not . MY card was never overclocked. I never OC . All are defaults. FAn speed is too default 40 % . I never changed this. So why artifacts only in NFS SHIFT???????
Crysis or Crysis WARHEAD are OK all fine i dont see artitfacts. Just only 1 game of 100 i was see artifatcs. NFS SHIFT. why?????? So this is problem in game , drivers>?????

182.06 forcewars ....... so what now ??? RMA card? But what guys in shop can tell ? If only 1 game artifacts there is no reason to RMA ? Guys What you think ? PLEASE HELP???? RMA Card or change FAN SPEED on default clock ? What is safe or what no ?

Just in : Bioshock , Cod 4 , COd 5 , GTA IV , CRYSIS , CRYSIS WARHEAD , FEAR , FEAR 2 , Wolverine , DOOm 3 , Juarez 2 , Stalker all is OK and fine . And other titles... is ok

ALso run now FurMark , stability test...and i see 86 C on max..... without aritfacts ..so very strange..

Take off the side panel and take a little look to see if it is clogged with dust if it is get a can of compressed air or the old lungs. After a year most cards become effective dust traps even the low end cards. Also rid of the dust that is sitting on top of the card with air or a basting brush and both are very effective. Update your drivers and that should solve your problem if not and it gets worse don't hesitate to RMA the card. You might get lucky and get a nice clean 285.