problem with my graphics card

mkumarreddy89

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
I am using a ddr2 version motherboard, processor core duo 2, 4 gb ram, ad windows8 OS. I once had a 512 graphics card which was damaged so I bought a 1gb ddr3 Nvidia gf2 xpress vga graphics card which is compatible with my computer's motherboard, but I noticed my computer detects only 512mb dedicated memory with 1gb turbocache. I enquired from the place I bought this graphcs card about this he says its a right one only but I am not satisfied. I feel I am cheated. please tell me if I have bought correct one or a wrong one.

Solution
Hello,

The graphics card has 512 MB DDR3 on-board, and can use an additional 1 GB from the system's RAM by using the "Turbo Cache" (TC) technology (or Hyper Memory, in the case of ATI cards). Fortunately, the technology is not used anymore (or at least it is not anymore advertised as a feature), it was mainly a marketing stunt ("more memory, better card").

mkumarreddy89

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
my motherboard details are
manufacture: acer
model: E945GM
chipset: intel i945G
southbridge: intel 82801GB(ICH7/R)
LPCIO:ITE IT8712
BIOS: 945GTC-M3 version R01-A0
graphics interface version PCI-Express

and coming to GPU
name: NVIDIA GeForce210 by NVIDIA corporation
codename: GT218 revision B1 technology 40nm
clocks
core 405MHz
shaders 810 MHz
memory 405MHZ

memory size: 512MB
(above details are according to CPU-ID)

and from dxdiag
approx. total memory : 1868MB

and the sticker on the graphic card read as GALAXY GF210 LPCPI E512MB TC1GB DDR3 32BIT wVGAD VIHDMI

Cristi72

Admirable
Hello,

The graphics card has 512 MB DDR3 on-board, and can use an additional 1 GB from the system's RAM by using the "Turbo Cache" (TC) technology (or Hyper Memory, in the case of ATI cards). Fortunately, the technology is not used anymore (or at least it is not anymore advertised as a feature), it was mainly a marketing stunt ("more memory, better card").

Solution

TRENDING THREADS