[SOLVED] Problem with my graphics card

Dec 23, 2019
Now it's been a few months I can't play any game because my gpu died , it just makes my whole pc crash if I try to play one unless it's a very low spec game , but now it's even crashing when i'm just in my pc , not even playing games , i'm wondering if this will affect my motherboard if I keep using my pc with this gpu because I already bought a new one again , i'm also wondering WHY the whole pc crashes because of my dead gpu.

Specs :
I5 4440
GTX 960 2GB
8GB RAM

I'm sure that it's not a wattage problem or something ans it's my gpu. thx for reading

Solution
If you're certain it's the GPU, then replace it. You can get something newer with similar or better performance for pretty cheap these days. If you aren't ready to do that, about all you can do is put the GPU in a different PC and confirm the issue persists.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Remove gpu and use the cpu's igpu video port on the motherboard if you have one. What's your motherboard?

Troubleshoot that way to determine if it is the graphics card at fault, or have you tried this already?. If crashings stop, i wouldn't keep using it. No harm will come to the motherboard but you do run the risk of os/software corruption from the frequent crashes.

Is the new gpu on it's way is it?

Regarding the question if a faulty gpu can cause pc crashes/reboots, yes it certainly can.

Test with igpu if you haven't, in case it's something else.

Dec 23, 2019
My motheboard is kinda small and I can only plug the video pot in the GPU , I will actually tyr to buy a new graphics card and see if it changes i'm really sick it's been months and months my pc probably crashed more than 300 times from now...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
My motheboard is kinda small and I can only plug the video pot in the GPU , I will actually tyr to buy a new graphics card and see if it changes i'm really sick it's been months and months my pc probably crashed more than 300 times from now...

What motherboard make and model is it though? Can run Cpuz and find out if not sure under mainboard tab.

Does motherboard have a video port? That's what im trying to establish. If it does, try igpu graphics. Remove gpu, connect video cable to motherboard and see if it still crashes.

Psu as said is possible. Test igpu to see.

Remeca

Reputable
If you're certain it's the GPU, then replace it. You can get something newer with similar or better performance for pretty cheap these days. If you aren't ready to do that, about all you can do is put the GPU in a different PC and confirm the issue persists.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS