Mar 30, 2020
specs:
Corsair RM750x, 750W PSU
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro, Socket-AM4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Prosessor
Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8GB
HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Old sata SSD 500 gb + samsung 970 evo plus m2 drive

I have an issue with my new build. The issue is that the pc freezes or runs very slowly at times, to an extreme degree(400 fps in csgo to complete freeze or 10 fps). This has happend when in games, and when in desktop downloading in the background. When games freeze, I will have to ctrl-alt-delete then arrow down and press delete to exit. The only thing I can get to show on the pc except black is when i alt tab, then i see the different programs I have up, but I cannot show them on screen. After I exit the program, the pc works fine. But sometimes the pc freezes completely, but teamspeak or discord will continue in the background and I can still talk to people. I will then have to exit, or reset the pc.
- I have tried my old 1070 GPU which did not help the issue.
-I am currently doing a memtest86 to check for faulty memory.
-I have tested different pc screens, no difference.
  • I have checked temps and they have not been over 60 C when the system goes wonky.
  • I have ran a few fresh installs of windows.
  • Installed drivers , but I did not install them for my MOBO the last few times.
  • The pc works fine, great even when i have a clean install and install some games. But I notice when I start to download some bigger games(30gb+)especially the problems set in. The last failure came now when I was downloading from steam and the pc just froze, without any large processes going on(2mb/s download) memory, CPU and GPU were below 20 % use.
I am currently hoping the memtest will find faulty ram, but I am at a loss at what is causing this. Could it be that I have not installed all the drivers for the mobo? It seems strange for the system to work fine for 4 days of heavy use. Then give in after a day of little use.

Mar 30, 2020
Go and download this - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

The AMD chipset drives for X570. The one on the motherboard's website is older.

What is your BIOS version?

What are your temperature on that 970 evo?
Alright thanks, I did not know there would be a newer driver. It's been a while since I checked temps on m2 drives. I am currently using my old SATA SSD as main drive, then have an m2 as d:, but it is empty. None of the temps was higher than 60 C when I checked. But i will update driver and check temps with some big downloads after memtest is complete.

Alright thanks, I did not know there would be a newer driver. It's been a while since I checked temps on m2 drives. I am currently using my old SATA SSD as main drive, then have an m2 as d:, but it is empty. None of the temps was higher than 60 C when I checked. But i will update driver and check temps with some big downloads after memtest is complete.

Might want to check the BIOS version too. BIOS versions add compatibility improvement for memory.

Mar 30, 2020
BIOS version in use now is F11 from december 2019, so its not the newest.
Memory test came in with 0 errors.
I was unable to check temperature, as my m2 drive now only shows as generic hard drive in 'hardrivemonitor'.
I will update bios, reset cmos battery, then try again.

Mar 30, 2020
I have updated BIOS,deleted all gpu drivers(including 1070) and reinstalled gpu driver. M2 is still showing as 'generic hard disk', but the pc froze again, as I was downloading in the background and tried to open hardwaremonitor.
After it freezing and hitting the reset button, I immidiatly went into BIOS and checked temperatures, the highest showing was from 'VRM MOS' at 47, the rest were below 40.

I was also unable to update the chipset as the download would not leave 0 %. It didnt work from amd newest chipset or gigabyte x570 pro support's newest chipset.