Question Problem with my new build (games freezing)

May 18, 2019
My old built :- Running Smoothly

i7 4790k
16gb dd3 ram corsair vengeance
motherboard Z97-A msi gaming 7
liquid cooler :- cooler master ML 240 L
PSU 600W
Graphic Card :- RTX 2060

My new built :- Problem game freezing while playing,

Ryzen 5 3600x
16gb ddr4 ram raorsair vengeance

Motherboard Asus B450-F Gaming ( i got bios updated from Asus service centre) SMBIOS Version :- 3.2 ( can anyone tell me is this the lastest bios version
required?)

Liquid cooler :- cooler master ML 240L
PSU 600W
Graphic Card :- RTX 2060

Please give me some solution for it, game freezes badly while playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
May 18, 2019
ok everyone thank you i got the solution, its my SATA Hard disk which got corrupted. its making noise and leaving the partition again and again.
Thank you for everyone for the help.

May 18, 2019
ok the problems remains same even after removing that hard disk. it still freezes. anyone can tell me why its happening? is it because of any corrupted RAM or some problem in GPU or the Power Supply is not enough for it?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
its some Circle 700W tired of my new built again and again freezing

Ouch. I'm not sure it's directly causing the freezing, but this is a major red flag safety concern. Circle PSUs are notorious in the industry, the cheapest junk thrown in a box to take advantage of the fact that the more reputable PSUs are pricey in India. I wouldn't do anything while that PSU is in the mix and I'm hoping it hasn't already damaged your parts over time (at least the 2060 which you've apparently been using with it for a while).

May 18, 2019
i can replace the PSU thats not an issue, but i am not sure whats causing the freezing. Circle PSU is year old been using it for 6 year in my old built. but i dont know whats the issue with this build, why my pc freezes or game freezes.

So tired of this all. i wish i didnt upgrade my pc

DSzymborski

Titan
i can replace the PSU thats not an issue, but i am not sure whats causing the freezing. Circle PSU is year old been using it for 6 year in my old built. but i dont know whats the issue with this build, why my pc freezes or game freezes.

So tired of this all. i wish i didnt upgrade my pc

Poor PSUs cause problems in a few ways. They damage components slowly over time, so that the PC hasn't died doesn't mean that everything's fine. They also make diagnoses difficult because you'll always have something that's poor at regulating voltage and the like in the mix. It's a bit like how if you go to the doctor with a headache, they'll want to remove the knife stuck in your leg first!

Have you tried individual sticks of RAM? Sometimes, just testing if a problem exists with only one or the other installed can identify the issue.

May 18, 2019
i have a cooler master liquid cooler installed . ML 240L , i dont think that should be an issue, and PSU Circle 700W is 6 year old, it sometimes makes some weird sound too.

DSzymborski

Titan
i have a cooler master liquid cooler installed . ML 240L , i dont think that should be an issue, and PSU Circle 700W is 6 year old, it sometimes makes some weird sound too.

That you have it installed doesn't mean it's necessarily installed properly or the pump is working. Still need to check the temperatures.

As for the PSU, the only thing worse than a junky PSU is a junky PSU that is making a weird sound. This really needs to be replaced urgently.