Problem with my windows 8.1 PC

JackaPacka

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
Hello. I currently have a problem with my custom built desktop PC which I built around 6 months ago; this is the first problem I have encountered since building it. This is the problem: Yesterday I was having problems with a program (Battle.net launcher) so I tried to reinstall it. However after I had uninstalled it I wasn't able to install it again because for some unknown reason, whenever I clicked the installer, nothing happened. I then uninstalled Avast Antivirus because that was one of the things that Battle.net suggested doing in order to fix the problem. After uninstalling Avast it asked me to restart my PC, so I did. After I turned my PC back on I was greeted with a black screen with the words 'Preparing Automatic Repair' on it. After that screen had been there for a while it took me to a blue screen with options to restart my PC (Which causes the same black screen thing to happen again), turn it off, or use one of the advanced options. I spent about three painful and depressing hours browsing through forums trying to fix the problem but none of the 'solutions' that I tried worked. Does this mean I will have to get a new hard drive and reinstall windows 8?

JackaPacka

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014

I did the CHKDSK and my HDD was fine so I reinstalled windows. Everything is fine now thank you very much.