Problem with network controller

Feb 24, 2018
Hi, I just got a new motherboard and fresh install of windows on a new SSD. Everything is working fine except for the network adapter. The adapter is recognized in windows with no conflicts but it isn't working. No lights work and in the bios it says the link state is disconnected, but i have no idea how to change that. I tried installing new drivers for the Lan port but that didn't work. Anyone has an idea how to change the link state or just a sollution to my problem, Thanks in advance.

my mother board is : Msi b-250 pc mate

Feb 24, 2018

I just tried if the cable works by hooking up a laptop to it and it worked fine. I also tried a bunch of other ethernet cables in my pc but that didn't work either. I moved my somewhat PC ( it is a motherboard with everything installed not in a case )
But it didn't change anything

kanewolf

Titan
I would check for physical damage on the port. Are all 8 wires visible in the port? Parallel to each other? Have you done a load defaults on the BIOS?

It is possible you have a defective motherboard that may have to be returned. If the LAN port doesn't work in the BIOS, then it could be a hardware problem. You didn't have any extra standoffs or anything under the motherboard that could be shorting something out did you?

Feb 24, 2018

I have checked the cables and the 8 wires are visible, But when i first put my PC together windows updated so it was working at some point. But after that update it doesn't work anymore.