Problem with new GeForce2Pro or the motherboard?

G

I just recieved my new Leadtek GeForce2Pro downloaded the newest drivers and bios for it as well, and I have a Gigabyte 7IXE motherboard, which supports 1x/2x AGP, however it seems according to the winfox software that came with the card, that the card is only running in AGP 1X, and I of course want to run it in 2x, my old TNT2Ultra did fine running in 2x, however now that I've made the switch it doesn't seem to work, and I can't set the AGP multiplier in my cmos.

Any Ideas?

G

I had the same problem with my Geforce2 MX. Try resinstalling the AGP Drivers for your Motherboard and it will probably be OK. I saw some info the other day about Leadtek cards and AGP only running at 1x.

Check out http://geforcefaq.com/faq.cgi

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
What chipset does that board have? I ask because if it has a Via chipset then I have to ask another question. Did you install the 4 in 1 drivers? Well Leadtek incorperats the AGPgart file into its driver so what you want to do is uninstall the AGP part of the 4 in 1 and then reinstall your drivers from winfast. Like I said this is only if the motherboard has a VIA chipset on it.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

G

Thanks for the link.
My board doesn't have a via chipset, it has the AMD 751 Irongate chipset. I'll try reinstalling the AGP drivers for the mobo. If that doesn't work I may just try the nVidia Reference drivers.