Question Problem with new headset.

Outerocean23

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
So I just bought a headset like 2 weeks ago, and I just plugged it into my pc and it's having a problem where the jacks on the front of my pc makes the headset sound more clear and louder also better sounding microphone, while the jacks on the back makes them worse. I am trying to jack them on the back because they make more space and less clutter.
My PC:
GPU: GTX 1060 SC
CPU: AMD FX 6300
RAM: 16 GB RAM
Case: Mid tower case
Motherboard: Asus Motherboard
Headset: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FT1YBVB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

don't know if this will work for your problem but its work a try.

1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack.
finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50% because at 100% when I used headphones on level 2 so 50% makes headphone adjustment more user friendly.

with regards to how your mike works in a game , a lot of games such as the half life series and the borderlands collection have a mike test section so you can set them up without echo or feed back before you get into a game

Outerocean23

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
The 1, 2, 3 parts didn't work for me but I found out that the balance of my headset audio was off so I raised the volume for it and it ended up fixing the audio issues, but there is still a problem with my mic where it's too low and barely anyone can hear me and I have it at near max volume on my microphone.

What games are you using when you say people cant hear you , a lot of games such as all made by value and the ones by x2 who made borderlands all have settings usually found in sound tab for you to test a microphone , it is usually called a gain slider.