Question Problem with new laptop!

Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone.

I recently bought a new ASUS ROG laptop, but I’m having problems with it even turning on properly. As soon as I opened it the first time, it went straight to BIOS Utility mode, and it’s stuck there. I’ve tried restarting it, saving and exiting (F10) multiple times but nothing.

On the boot menu it just says that the system can’t find any bootable devices.

It’s my first time buying a gaming laptop so I don’t know much about it all. I’m probably overlooking something very simple, but any help or advice would be much appreciated :(

Hey there,

If there's no boot device (ssd/hdd), then it's likely come from the factory like that. would simply send it back for a replacement.

If you wanted to risk voiding the warranty, you could take the back cover off, and check the connector for the SSD/HDD (whichever is in there - assuming there is one there). You might find the drive just hasn't been connected correctly, in which case you might have it running soon. But, as I said this might boivd your warranty.

I'd just go right ahead and RMA it.

Jan 19, 2021
Hey there,

If there's no boot device (ssd/hdd), then it's likely come from the factory like that. would simply send it back for a replacement.

If you wanted to risk voiding the warranty, you could take the back cover off, and check the connector for the SSD/HDD (whichever is in there - assuming there is one there). You might find the drive just hasn't been connected correctly, in which case you might have it running soon. But, as I said this might boivd your warranty.

I'd just go right ahead and RMA it.

Thanks for your response! Turns out there was an SSD but just windows was not installed :S Don’t know if I’m better off returning or just installing windows in another way.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead