[SOLVED] Problem with new monitor

Jan 21, 2021
So i bought a new pc monitor yesterday and after a couple minutes i started to get green dots on the screen. But i spotted it doesn't occur when i connect through display port. Its only hapenning on two hdmi ports. Hdmi ports are broken or what?

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
It could be a bad cable or a loose connection, in my experience there is always something wrong with hdmi.
Display port is the better cable to use!
If you need to use the hdmi, have you tried switching cables, or wiggling the connector a bit to se if the dots dissapear?

Endre

Reputable
So i bought a new pc monitor yesterday and after a couple minutes i started to get green dots on the screen. But i spotted it doesn't occur when i connect through display port. Its only hapenning on two hdmi ports. Hdmi ports are broken or what?

Is there any particular reason for you to not stick with the DisplayPort connection if it works well?
I wouldn’t bother discovering what’s wrong with the HDMI connection...

Jan 21, 2021
Is there any particular reason for you to not stick with the DisplayPort connection if it works well?
I wouldn’t bother discovering what’s wrong with the HDMI connection...
Hmm i dont know much about hdmis, display ports etc so thats why i asked. I just want a crisp, smooth desktop, games etc and thats all :)

Jan 21, 2021
Low quality HDMI cable most likely (both of your cables). Get HDMI 2.0/2.2 certified cable.

BTW - what monitor model? What graphics card are you using?

I highly doubt thats the cable related issue. It worked fine on my older monitor and the cable costed more money than usuak cable and its certified gold cable.
My monitor is
Samsung Lc27rg50
And my graphic card is : rtx 3060ti