[SOLVED] Problem with new RAM sticks

Jul 16, 2020
I am having trouble upgrading the RAM on my computer. I bought two new sticks but when I install them the device status lights indicate that the memory modules are detected but an error is encountered.

I am upgrading from 8GB to 16GB. The motherboard is 0RYCC9 vA01. I can't find a manual for the motherboard but I have a Dell Latitude E7440 which should be able to handle 16GB. The specs of the sticks seem to match the what is required for this computer model. Before I start messing with the CMOS battery and the bios, I would like to know if I missed something.

Solution
I am having trouble upgrading the RAM on my computer. I bought two new sticks but when I install them the device status lights indicate that the memory modules are detected but an error is encountered.

I am upgrading from 8GB to 16GB. The motherboard is 0RYCC9 vA01. I can't find a manual for the motherboard but I have a Dell Latitude E7440 which should be able to handle 16GB. The specs of the sticks seem to match the what is required for this computer model. Before I start messing with the CMOS battery and the bios, I would like to know if I missed something.
Based on the Dell support link you give, they have DDR3L (1,35V) memory type, and what you get is the DDR3 (1,5V) version. That's why the system ignore the new...

Based on the Dell support link you give, they have DDR3L (1,35V) memory type, and what you get is the DDR3 (1,5V) version. That's why the system ignore the new RAM.
"L" is refer to Low voltage.

Solution