[SOLVED] Problem with new secundary SSD

Sep 12, 2021
Hi there everyone,

I have this pc since 2 years ago, but i only had a m2 with 500 gbs of space, so now i decided to upgrade it, and give it a secundary ssd for more space, but i have been having a problem with a it. When i try to install a game in it, the ssd appear to just disconnect from the system or something, when i try to download a game from steam it says there was a error and the game could not be saved at like 13% of the download done, and at epic games its pretty much the same thing. So to try to see if the problem was having the launcher and the game at different disks i tried to install epic games again on the new ssd, and somehow when i started installing a game, some time after, the epic game launcher would close on its own and create a error when i tried to open it again, and the ssd would not appear on "my computer", but after i restart the pc the disc would appear again and i could open epic games again, its super weird.
Also when i restart my computer when this stuff happen and even sometimes without it, the computer wouldnt be able to boot for some reason, i had to click on the power button to turn off and turn it on again. Also when i turn on my computer there is a weird buzzing noise that comes from the ssd, cuz i tried to disconnect it and the noise goes again (i know, i have read online that ssd´s cant create those weird noises, but there´s the sound, and i have no idea the reason). There was a time i tried to like create a new disk volume or delete some of the stuff i tried to install there to see if that was the problem, and i couldnt actually do it, cuz it said like it cant be read or something, so i had to do a force format comand.

Any tip? Maybe its the SSD´s Fault? maybe its me?

Also, im sorry if the english was terrible.

Specs:
Motherboard mini-ITX gigabyte Aorus pro Wifi B450;
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700;
GPU Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6 gb
Ram corsair vengeance LPX 2x8 GB (3000MHz)
Primary SSD: M.2 2280 Western Digital blue SN500 500 gb
Secundary SSD (the new one causing problems): SSD 2.5 kingston A400 480 GB TLC Sata
Operating system: win 10 (64)

Solution
Hi there everyone,

I have this pc since 2 years ago, but i only had a m2 with 500 gbs of space, so now i decided to upgrade it, and give it a secundary ssd for more space, but i have been having a problem with a it. When i try to install a game in it, the ssd appear to just disconnect from the system or something, when i try to download a game from steam it says there was a error and the game could not be saved at like 13% of the download done, and at epic games its pretty much the same thing. So to try to see if the problem was having the launcher and the game at different disks i tried to install epic games again on the new ssd, and somehow when i started installing a game, some time after, the epic game launcher would close on...
Hi there everyone,

I have this pc since 2 years ago, but i only had a m2 with 500 gbs of space, so now i decided to upgrade it, and give it a secundary ssd for more space, but i have been having a problem with a it. When i try to install a game in it, the ssd appear to just disconnect from the system or something, when i try to download a game from steam it says there was a error and the game could not be saved at like 13% of the download done, and at epic games its pretty much the same thing. So to try to see if the problem was having the launcher and the game at different disks i tried to install epic games again on the new ssd, and somehow when i started installing a game, some time after, the epic game launcher would close on its own and create a error when i tried to open it again, and the ssd would not appear on "my computer", but after i restart the pc the disc would appear again and i could open epic games again, its super weird.
Also when i restart my computer when this stuff happen and even sometimes without it, the computer wouldnt be able to boot for some reason, i had to click on the power button to turn off and turn it on again. Also when i turn on my computer there is a weird buzzing noise that comes from the ssd, cuz i tried to disconnect it and the noise goes again (i know, i have read online that ssd´s cant create those weird noises, but there´s the sound, and i have no idea the reason). There was a time i tried to like create a new disk volume or delete some of the stuff i tried to install there to see if that was the problem, and i couldnt actually do it, cuz it said like it cant be read or something, so i had to do a force format comand.

Any tip? Maybe its the SSD´s Fault? maybe its me?

Also, im sorry if the english was terrible.

Specs:
Motherboard mini-ITX gigabyte Aorus pro Wifi B450;
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700;
GPU Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6 gb
Ram corsair vengeance LPX 2x8 GB (3000MHz)
Primary SSD: M.2 2280 Western Digital blue SN500 500 gb
Secundary SSD (the new one causing problems): SSD 2.5 kingston A400 480 GB TLC Sata
Operating system: win 10 (64)
Tried another sata slot?

Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

Solution