Question Prolem with oil cooling system

Mar 4, 2021
Hello my friend I'm trying to build an insulating oil cooling system, I ran into some problems and searched for answers, all your help is very valuable to me, thank you in advance.
(PC-1) : When I put my entire system in oil , the system turned on then rebooted automatically in just a few seconds. then I took the whole system out and tested it again, everything worked fine without oil.
After that I felt a little panicked. I decided to try again with a smaller system (PC-2). Everything on PC 2 works stably in the insulating oil without problems.
I am currently looking to determine the problem I am having with my PC-1, I am suspecting that the CPU fan or power source when immersed in oil is not working which is causing the system to restart automatically after a few seconds.

If anyone experiences similar situation please show me how to identify the problem I am having. Thank you very much
Below is my PC Build :
PC - 1 : PSU : Corsair Ax1600i Plantinum + Corsair HX1000 plantinum
Main : Asus B250 Mining Expert
CPU: I5 6500
GPU: 6 x MSI RTX 3090
Ram: Kingston 8GB x1

PC - 2 : PSU : Corsair CV650 Plus Bronze
Main : Gigabyte Z390
CPU : I5 9400f
GPU: Gigabyte - RTX2060S
Ram : 16GB Kingston

Mar 4, 2021
Hello my friend I'm trying to build an insulating oil cooling system, I ran into some problems and searched for answers, all your help is very valuable to me, thank you in advance.
(PC-1) : When I put my entire system in oil , the system turned on then rebooted automatically in just a few seconds. then I took the whole system out and tested it again, everything worked fine without oil.
After that I felt a little panicked. I decided to try again with a smaller system (PC-2). Everything on PC 2 works stably in the insulating oil without problems.
I am currently looking to determine the problem I am having with my PC-1, I am suspecting that the CPU fan or power source when immersed in oil is not working which is causing the system to restart automatically after a few seconds.

If anyone experiences similar situation please show me how to identify the problem I am having. Thank you very much

Below is my PC Build :
PC - 1 : PSU : Corsair Ax1600i Plantinum + Corsair HX1000 plantinum
Main : Asus B250 Mining Expert
CPU: I5 6500
GPU: 6 x MSI RTX 3090
Ram: Kingston 8GB x1

PC - 2 : PSU : Corsair CV650 Plus Bronze
Main : Gigabyte Z390
CPU : I5 9400f
GPU: Gigabyte - RTX2060S
Ram : 16GB Kingston

Mar 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you have the time, you might want to read through this collection of data regarding mineral oil. Out of curiosity, what oil are you working with? You also might want to reconsider oil cooling a mining rig, it's more efficient just aircooling with an air conditioner on.
hello my friend thanks for your reply,
I wish I could find this forum sooner alot of amazing work in here @@
im working with Transformer oil like this image bellow
Phuy%20plc-450x450.jpg

im testing alot of time with PC-2 and everything working fine, problem happen when PC-1 running in oil.
If the CPU fan cannot spin in oil, will the main asus b250 mining expert automatically restart the device or not ?
Thank you very much for the link you sent, but I cannot access it

Last edited: