Problem with onboard sound

Nefail Bushi

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
The issue started around 2 weeks ago. I was working on the PC when the electricity went out, mean time I received the Arctic Silver MX4 thermal compound and decided to apply it. Opened PC removed motherboard from case, removed the CPU and Chipset heatsink cleaned and applied compound when assembling the PC back together I put the SSD on the 6gb Sata port instead of the 3gb port that was previously and the HDD on Sata 3gb 2nd port, also I moved the GPU on another PCI e due to a clearance problem with an extra fan on the motherboard northbridge (i was planning to overclock). Tried to boot nothing happens monitor stays black no signal received from PC, checked wiring and tried again same issue after several times and moving around things including SSD and HDD I gave up did a CMOS reset which didn't seem to help so I took everything apart again cleaned thermal paste on CPU and Chipset reapplied again put back together everything and there is a successful boot had to configure the bios again but everything looked normal until I noticed that there was no sound at all. Went to bios and checked for the onboard sound device it was enabled drivers were installed and updated but tried uninstall and reinstalled again no success, tried disabling and enabling onboard device on bios with restarts between nothing seem to help, took a sound card from a friend and tried it works good. On Realtek Audio Manager is set default device but still no sound when I play audio the bars move up and down on the audio control mixer but no sound, mic doesn’t record either same for both front and rear jacks. Tried with the front removed from motherboard same issue. Updated BIOS to the latest available nothing helps.
Now before anyone jumps to conclusion that I messed up my motherboard by applying to much paste that’s not it I’m pretty familiar with what I was doing it’s not my first time, I was pretty careful when removing and putting the motherboard back in case so no scratches or anything stupid like that. Any help is welcome. Thank you in advance. System specs below.
Asus Sabretooth x58 LGA 1336
CPU: i7 950
Memory : 8GB Kingstone
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti
SDD: ADATA 920 128gb
HDD: Hitachi 1tb

full Dxdiag http://

EDIT: Some spelling errors

Nefail Bushi

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

nothing strange but i forgot to mention sometimes i get the message "You just plugged a device on the audio jack" and "You just unplugged a device from audio jack" randomly several times and stops showing the message. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers few times already.