PrastistroN

Commendable
Apr 16, 2019
Hi, I just built a PC about a few days ago, and I got a problem about the case. Built the PC with Cooler Master Elite 110A Mini ITX Case.

So my PC always rebooted without warning every time my PC is on load like playing games etc. When I first found the problem, I thought it was the motherboard or PSU that was faulty, or my XMP settings that wasn't right. But after I reseated the memory, and left the case open for testing, it plays GTA V perfectly (that was always rebooted without warning before). So I thought the problem was resolved, and then I put the case panel back on.

After that I tried playing the game, the problem happened again. So with the resolution in mind, I opened the enclosure once more, and yet it played games flawlessly like ever before. So I suspected that it was the case, or some screws that touched the case enclosure to the extent that it shorts my motherboard and causes restarts without any warning.

I suspected it was my HDD tray and the PSU's screws, because when I tested it on a spark tester it lights when at other places doesn't. The Front I/O also lights up when I put the tester on, whether the USB or the headphone jack. Again, could be PSU or motherboard, but I highly bet the case was the problem.

Anyone having a solution to this?

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
What are the temps? Figuring that you ran it perfectly with the side-panel off it may be your case has bad airflow and is having your GPU or something overheat and cause the system to reboot.

PrastistroN

Commendable
Apr 16, 2019
What are the temps? Figuring that you ran it perfectly with the side-panel off it may be your case has bad airflow and is having your GPU or something overheat and cause the system to reboot.
About 40°C on idle, and more than 70°C under gaming load.

I thought so, but I already tried turning off overheat protection, psu idle voltage, and various bios settings to no avail (never touched the AMD Cool n' Quiet setting tho'). The restart problem always happen in an instant, and usually shuts off the pc, rebooted multiple times before starts going into POST and bios. It even resets my bios settings, made my 3200 ram into 2400.

Btw, my system is:
Ryzen 3 2200G (stock cooler)
Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
V-GeN TSUNAMI samsung chip 3200 mhz 2x4gb
EVGA G2 550w 80+ gold (refurbished)
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO NVMe 256gb
Seagate Barracuda 1tb

All in the case mentioned above.