Problem with port forwarding

Jun 9, 2018
Hello,

I want to open port 1194 so I could use VPN Services, but everything I tried doesn't work.
My ISP provides me with fiber-opctic internet. The internet cable is connected to this GPON Optical Network Terminal ZXHN F601 which is connected to my ADB Boadband BCM6362 router.
I port forwarded few ports to few of my Local hosts, but when I try to check ports with nmap or any online port checker it shows me that all the ports are closed no matter which I try.
Some other things I tried:

I tried Using static IP.
I asked my ISP if my ports are being blocked somehow, they said they ain't blocking ports.
I tried to disable firewall, but my router doesn't allow me to do that, because I think I have no permission to. Then I connect to router as admin it shows me that I'm a normal user, but i think it should show that I'm connected as administrator.
I tried using DMZ.

So if anyone could help me I would appreciate your help. Sorry for my English, Thanks.

Solution
At the moment, let's not concern ourselves with what these port checking sites report. They could be wrong, and ultimately all that counts is what actually happens when you attempt the connection yourself.

Given your last post, I assume you have an OpenVPN server located elsewhere on the LAN. Let's say that's 192.168.1.100. You would need a port forward that has an external port of 1194, an internal port of 1194, and internal address of 192.168.1.100 on that port forward. And of course the protocol, which w/ OpenVPN could be either UDP or TCP, depending on how you configured it.

Assuming you did all that correctly, you should at least be able to reach the OpenVPN server. And if you do, the OpenVPN server log should at least show...
Jun 9, 2018

Thank you for responding. Yes, The public IP address matches my router's WAN IP address.

Well that's a good start, since these must match in order for port forwarding to work at all.

As far as the VPN, port 1194 is the well-known port for OpenVPN. Is the OpenVPN server running on that router? Because if it is, then you don't need port forwarding. Port forwarding is only necessary when the target device is *behind* that router, somewhere else on the LAN. When a service is provided by the router itself, you only need to open that port on the router's WAN. And in every case I've ever seen, if the router is supporting such a service, and you configure it properly, it will automatically open that port. IOW, there's nothing special you need to do. In fact, any attempt to port forward under those circumstances may actually be the reason it's not working.

Jun 9, 2018

There is no OpenVPN server running on my router.

At the moment, let's not concern ourselves with what these port checking sites report. They could be wrong, and ultimately all that counts is what actually happens when you attempt the connection yourself.

Given your last post, I assume you have an OpenVPN server located elsewhere on the LAN. Let's say that's 192.168.1.100. You would need a port forward that has an external port of 1194, an internal port of 1194, and internal address of 192.168.1.100 on that port forward. And of course the protocol, which w/ OpenVPN could be either UDP or TCP, depending on how you configured it.

Assuming you did all that correctly, you should at least be able to reach the OpenVPN server. And if you do, the OpenVPN server log should at least show a connection attempt, even if it ultimately fails to complete the connection for other reasons. Did you check the log?

Solution