Problem With Primary Gpu in windows

Jun 28, 2018
hi. i have a PC with a GTX 980 and INTEL HD integrated GPU. i have 2 HDMI display but 980 only have one HDMI port and i connected other HDMI to INTEL HD. earlier i had no problem and all was good and i ran games and Graphical Application with no problems at all because Windows 10 use the 980 as primary GPU. but after i updated the INTEL HD driver, now OS use the INTEL HD as primary GPU, until i disconnect the HDMI cable from it. earlier the VGA adapter was Microsoft basic driver and that was good and now it changed to INTEL HD 530. and when i uninstall the INTEL HD driver it wont work at all. all i want is to use HDMI port on 2 VGA ports and in OS my 980 be the primary GPU. sorry for bad English. thanks

Since you have two different video cards on the monitors, whatever monitor the application is on, that is where the card would be active on. If you want to set the monitor that is connected to the 980 as the default one, all you need to do is go into the graphics options and select that monitor to be the primary.

Solution