Problem with Printer Sharing

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
Hi all,

I have a p1102 HP laser jet printer and install it on window XP. It can print perfectly but the problem is when i share that printer using a network, It cannot print. I mean pc who connect the printer via sharing cannot print while the host still can print perfectly.

I do everything in google and hp but nothing seem worked. I already on the file sharing.Other printer can work via sharing, only this laser jet hp cannot. It doesnt give me any error, Just when i tried to test print, The status will appear then gone. Printer does not do anything at all.

FYI hp centre said this is because of window xp. Maybe it does not support, but other printer can. This printer is not the latest printer.

Please help me on this.

Ralston18

Titan
On your XP computer please clarify: That is the computer that can print "perfectly".

When you share the printer remember that the host computer must be on in order for other computers to be able to print.

Take a close look at how you have configured the sharing.

Here is a link to help:

https://www.dummies.com/programming/networking/how-to-enable-file-and-printer-sharing-windows-xp/

Please do not take offense over the word "dummies". Does not reflect any judgement on my part.

They publish a large number of helpful books and manuals with all sorts of helpful ideas and procedures.

My thought is that you have most likely just missed a step or there is some misconfiguration invoved.

Feel free to google for other procedures and similar "how-to's" as you deem necessary.

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018

Yes. Even when i share that printer, the host still can print but the other pc that use that share printer cannot. It's ok for the dummies. I bought 2, 3 books title program for Dummies, the yellow one.

Thanks for the reply. the problem is settled already. Idk why but when i share this printer, i need to restart the host pc, turn on the printer, test print, then restart the other whoever want to use that printer and it working well.

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018

Ok. Thanks for the reply sir.