Question Problem with Radeon GPU driver on HP laptop ?

cgodnizzyshd

Distinguished
May 25, 2016
HP Notebook - 14-cf1009ni
16gb + 4gb RAM
512 ssd
I5 - 8265U
Radeon R7 M440
Windows 11 22H2

My problem is with dedicated gpu on this laptop. I cant seem to able to install the correct driver for the dedicated gpu. Its a very entry level gpu, and might not be that much faster than the intel intergrated gpu.

GPU-Z says that it's a Radeon R7 M440, but in device manager, the driver has an excamation mark on it.

I have downloaded the driver from the hp site. (Which only states that drivers are only supported for win 10, cant find a win 11 driver). Also have downloaded the driver directly from the amd site. But the same issue is still there.

Am not sure where do go to get the right driver.

The R7 M440 is designed for Windows 10 and below at this point which may be why the driver isn't playing well with Windows 11.

You can try loading the AMD driver for Windows 10 from their website found HERE.

If that doesn't work you might try the driver from HERE but do so at your own risk.

cgodnizzyshd

Distinguished
May 25, 2016
The R7 M440 is designed for Windows 10 and below at this point which may be why the driver isn't playing well with Windows 11.

You can try loading the AMD driver for Windows 10 from their website found HERE.

If that doesn't work you might try the driver from HERE but do so at your own risk.
Ive tried them both, they not working, thank you for your suggestion. Anything else I could try, or the radeon doesnt work on win 11?