Problem with radiator airflow

Aug 26, 2018
[Moderator note: moved post to Components.]

54e238e75f29bc662e9e5f9b8e5e764f

[I heve the s340 case]
So i heve a question of my airflow, i heve a 2 120mm radiator and i can only mount that in the front but the filter is in the front and now i heve that front radiator exhaust cus the hot air comming from the radiator so what should i do cus theres lots of dust buildop. would i mount that front radiator intake and back and top fan exhaust fans or is that too much hot air coming from the radiator? PLSSS HELP ME....:??: :??: :??:

Solution
If you have exhaust at the front you need intake at the rear so you have a flow going. The filter will catch everything that makes it into the case. You would want the filters on the intakes at the rear.

If you haven't made the rear/top intake, then I presume you have none? That isn't ideal either and means it is pulling air in at non-filtered entry points.

Typical front mounted radiator is filtered intake with rear exhaust. Yes, the air is warmed, but the components inside the rest of the case rely on air flow more so then the minor temperature increase. As long as the hot air gets out and cooler air is coming in then all is good.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you have exhaust at the front you need intake at the rear so you have a flow going. The filter will catch everything that makes it into the case. You would want the filters on the intakes at the rear.

If you haven't made the rear/top intake, then I presume you have none? That isn't ideal either and means it is pulling air in at non-filtered entry points.

Typical front mounted radiator is filtered intake with rear exhaust. Yes, the air is warmed, but the components inside the rest of the case rely on air flow more so then the minor temperature increase. As long as the hot air gets out and cooler air is coming in then all is good.

Solution