[SOLVED] Problem with Razer Kraken X Headset and Radeon Relive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2020
This is related to my Razer Kraken X Headset and Radeon ReLive instant replays. I have 7.1 always activated, but I cant get audio when making instant replays. I tried a few things, only one worked. It is not a solution, as I have to switch from 7.1 to default. If I switch from 7.1 suddenly all instant replays gain audio.

What do you guys suggest I should do

Solution
Yes - checking that desired 7.1 sound is indeed as it should be is important.

It is all too easy sometimes to change a setting and then forget to "Save", "Apply", or otherwise verify the change. :)

However, Windows itself, the audio hardware and its drivers, plus application software (music players, music editors, games) generally include and involve multiple settings that the end user (you) can change.

So all of those options must be looked at (doublechecked) to verify that they are set at the necessary or required value or selection.

The speaker icon is a starting point. You can also get to many of the same settings via "WIN" + "I " > Devices.

Some selections may restrict or force other selections. A mismatch may change to...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What monitors, speakers, etc. do you have and how are they connected?

Try right-clicking the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A multi-choice menu will appear and each choice leads to multiple windows, tabs, and properties (configuration) settings. Explore and doublecheck your system's settings.

Do not change anything at first. Then, if some configuration setting is not what it should be or otherwise not as you expect - make a change. Make only one change at a time and keep notes in case you need to "undo" the change.

Another option is to download the audio drivers via the applicable manufacturer's websites: re-install and reconfigure as required.

Jan 9, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What monitors, speakers, etc. do you have and how are they connected?

Try right-clicking the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A multi-choice menu will appear and each choice leads to multiple windows, tabs, and properties (configuration) settings. Explore and doublecheck your system's settings.

Do not change anything at first. Then, if some configuration setting is not what it should be or otherwise not as you expect - make a change. Make only one change at a time and keep notes in case you need to "undo" the change.

Another option is to download the audio drivers via the applicable manufacturer's websites: re-install and reconfigure as required.

R7 2700. RX 580, 8X2 3200 MHz Ram, 2tb hdd, 500 gb ssd, Asus Prime b450 plus, OS is W10 Pro. I dont understand what you mean by Double check your settings. If you mean select 7.1 sound I already did that

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - checking that desired 7.1 sound is indeed as it should be is important.

It is all too easy sometimes to change a setting and then forget to "Save", "Apply", or otherwise verify the change. :)

However, Windows itself, the audio hardware and its drivers, plus application software (music players, music editors, games) generally include and involve multiple settings that the end user (you) can change.

So all of those options must be looked at (doublechecked) to verify that they are set at the necessary or required value or selection.

The speaker icon is a starting point. You can also get to many of the same settings via "WIN" + "I " > Devices.

Some selections may restrict or force other selections. A mismatch may change to a default value.

What I suspect is happening is that when you make an instant edit the audio choice (7.1) is disabled for some reason. Perhaps the editing software does not directly support 7.1 editing and "chooses" 1.7 for you.

And does not or otherwise is not able to put things back to 7.1 audio or to any audio at all.

Read through the editing/instant replay software documentation. Could be some notes or other fine print that, when carefully read, will provide an answer.

They will not necessarily or directly say that "7.1" (for example) is not supported but the documents may have wording that, without careful attention, could make you believe/assume/expect that 7.1 is supported.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.