Problem with remote/tv Samsung Model: UN43TU8000FXZA

evll33t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
In the last few hours every time I try to change the volume the picture menu comes up on screen that I cannot interact with at all. I've reset the tv to factory, I've rebooted the cable box, I've unplugged it from power. I've brought a second remote from another room in and even that has the menu pop up. I've got no idea what's happened or how to stop it. Any help is grateful, thanks.

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
In the last few hours every time I try to change the volume the picture menu comes up on screen that I cannot interact with at all. I've reset the tv to factory, I've rebooted the cable box, I've unplugged it from power. I've brought a second remote from another room in and even that has the menu pop up. I've got no idea what's happened or how to stop it. Any help is grateful, thanks.
Is it in store demo mode or something? Check and try changing it to home use

evll33t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
I cannot even access that, the picture menu will let me do NOTHING, if I press down on either the remote that came with the tv or the one I have paired with it from the cable box it just brings me to the terms and policy setup menu which if I try anything there brings me back to the picture menu in an endless loop.

evll33t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
I have no idea HOW this worked, but I saw that I could hook a game controller up to the tv to act as a remote...and just plugging it in fixed the problem of a menu coming up each time I pressed the volume button. Even after unplugging the controller things still worked properly. My brain is fried and defeated.

evll33t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Sadly the problem has returned, and what was tried yesterday no longer works. The TV is 100% not in retail mode though, but I do notice the red light on the bottom is stuck flickering. This all started again when bottons got mashed when didn't notice remote was beside when in bed. Now back to the stuck in picture menu and terms and policy setup whenever I try changing the volume. The remote can control everything the cable box does, but it cannot interact at all with the tv menus itself

Edit: Took a spare keyboard to factory reset to try that hail mary, didn't work. Still the same problems.

Edit 2: Something odder found while trying everything I can think of, when touching the area around the bottom left underneath the screen the menus keep popping up constantly with each touch in the endless loop between picture and policy set up, but the area being touched is nowhere near the power button underneath the samesung logo.

Last edited:

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Sadly the problem has returned, and what was tried yesterday no longer works. The TV is 100% not in retail mode though, but I do notice the red light on the bottom is stuck flickering. This all started again when bottons got mashed when didn't notice remote was beside when in bed. Now back to the stuck in picture menu and terms and policy setup whenever I try changing the volume. The remote can control everything the cable box does, but it cannot interact at all with the tv menus itself

Edit: Took a spare keyboard to factory reset to try that hail mary, didn't work. Still the same problems.

Edit 2: Something odder found while trying everything I can think of, when touching the area around the bottom left underneath the screen the menus keep popping up constantly with each touch in the endless loop between picture and policy set up, but the area being touched is nowhere near the power button underneath the samesung logo.

This is really weird, you will probably have to get it checked, maybe the TV is faulty. I can't think of anything else how to solve this issue, sorry