[SOLVED] Problem with Router/Modem

IluvGamingAU

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
I've recently been getting booted from my own wifi at seemingly random points of the day. When I finally got connected back, I checked if i could access the router settings. My Router is the Telstra Smart Modem 2. When I ping my default gateway address for the router (192.168.0.1), i get a normal response of around 1ms. However, when i try to access this ip on my browser, it just times out. I have tried on my other devices as well. Any ideas?

Solution
The router maybe configured to only allow access to the web interface from lan/ethernet. Many routers you must set a option to allow access via wifi or even via the internet. Both are considered somewhat risky to do.

Normally I would recommend a factory reset to regain access. I am not sure on this device it is a little different than you common router or router/modem combo.

Power cycle would be safe thing to try if you have not tried it.
The router maybe configured to only allow access to the web interface from lan/ethernet. Many routers you must set a option to allow access via wifi or even via the internet. Both are considered somewhat risky to do.

Normally I would recommend a factory reset to regain access. I am not sure on this device it is a little different than you common router or router/modem combo.

Power cycle would be safe thing to try if you have not tried it.

Solution