[SOLVED] Problem with RTX 2060 disconnecting monitors trying to play high res games

Jul 14, 2021
I currently am having problems with my RTX 2060 disconnecting from my dual monitors and my pc eventually crashing when trying to play any high res demanding games.

all the things I have already tried are 1. reinstalling drivers and different and versions. 2. I have done everything with the gpu power settings 3. i have blown out all my ports and taken out the graphics card from the pci-e slot and blown that.

Can anyone help me I've had this problem for about three weeks now.

Solution
Well, there are 2 things. That PSU is indeed made by coolermaster, a brand that does not make particularly good PSUs, rather the opposite. It's 480w in reality as the only number that counts in modern systems is from the 12v rail. I'm leaning on that being some part of the issue here.

The second thing is the CPU temperature. If it was indeed idle temp it's high enough to consider thermal throttling under load. Bad installation of CPU cooler? Bad thermal paste? Not enough thermal paste? Those are some things coming in mind.

On another note, I would also try DDU following this guide:
That way you make sure it's not driver's fault.
Jul 14, 2021
I currently am having problems with my RTX 2060 disconnecting from my dual monitors and my pc eventually crashing when trying to play any high res demanding games.

all the things I have already tried are 1. reinstalling drivers and different and versions. 2. I have done everything with the gpu power settings 3. i have blown out all my ports and taken out the graphics card from the pci-e slot and blown that.

Can anyone help me I've had this problem for about three weeks now.
My full specs are: Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs of ram, some cheep pre built mother board, RTX 2060, 500w power supply, 256 gig SSD, 1TB HDD.

Note: I have had this pc for about 7 months now and just in the past few weeks has this been happening. I have also tried running games without my gpu driver and they run but at a very low frame rate and low resolution.

Exact make and model of the PSU is needed. Since it's a prebuilt, it's more than probable to have a crap/mediocre PSU that can cause issues.

I have also tried running games without my gpu driver and they run but at a very low frame rate and low resolution.
That is how it's supposed to be. With no drivers installed, the GPU does not know how to use properly it's resources.

On another note how are your temperatures idle and while gaming. Cpu and gpu please.
Also run a userbenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.

Jul 14, 2021
Exact make and model of the PSU is needed. Since it's a prebuilt, it's more than probable to have a crap/mediocre PSU that can cause issues.

That is how it's supposed to be. With no drivers installed, the GPU does not know how to use properly it's resources.

On another note how are your temperatures idle and while gaming. Cpu and gpu please.
Also run a userbenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.
The exact model of my psu is a cooler master 500w I cannot read to exact model because ofc it’s in Chinese. My temps idol are Gpu: around 86 F CPU: 138 F. I cannot get the temps while gaming because my monitors disconnect. While running to userbenchmark both of my monitors did disconnect like they would while playing a game.

Well, there are 2 things. That PSU is indeed made by coolermaster, a brand that does not make particularly good PSUs, rather the opposite. It's 480w in reality as the only number that counts in modern systems is from the 12v rail. I'm leaning on that being some part of the issue here.

The second thing is the CPU temperature. If it was indeed idle temp it's high enough to consider thermal throttling under load. Bad installation of CPU cooler? Bad thermal paste? Not enough thermal paste? Those are some things coming in mind.

Solution
Jul 14, 2021

Ok thank you so much for your help I will try that.

Reactions: dotas1

TRENDING THREADS