Question Problem with RTX 2080

Jul 21, 2019
I just recently bought a Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb OC GPU. I installed it and got all the newest drivers for it, but when I go to play any game about 10 mins or so into playing the screen goes black and I get a no signal message on my monitor. So I have to restart my computer by holding down the power button just to get the video to come back again. I can’t figure as to why it would be crashing because when monitoring the GPU temperature it never goes above 50 C. I checked the logs in Event Viewer and kept seeing an error called EventLog ID 6008.

I checked the logs in Event Viewer and kept seeing an error called EventLog ID 6008.

You are getting the above event id error, because your PC was unexpectedly shutdown, and also if both of these two conditions are true:
  • The computer might be locked, and/or is configured with a password-protected screensaver.
  • The shutdown is caused automatically by a program that uses the InitiateSystemShutdownEx function with the force FLAG.
Which Windows OS POWER plan are you using, high performance, or Balanced ? What are the sleep mode settings ?

Also, try to reseat both the GPU and CPU back on the PCI-e slot, and socket, and make sure all connections are properly set. . Are you using a fresh installed copy of the OS ?

I presume you must be using Windows 10 OS ?

Jul 21, 2019
Yeah I’m using Fresh install of Windows 10 and my Power plan is High Performance. I’m pretty sure I have sleep mode settings set to never. I’ve tried reseating the GPU and CPU and making sure all the connections were good but still have the same problem.