Problem with Ryzen 1600x and MSI B350 Tomahawk

Nov 4, 2018
Hi everyone. I have problems with my new pc build.
First of all, here are my components:
-AMD Ryzen 5 1600x;
-MSI B350 Tomahawk;
-Sapphire Pulse RX 560 4GB;
-Patriot Viper LED 2x4GB 3000Mhz C15;
-Samsung 860 EVO 250GB;
-WD Blue 1TB;
-Be Quiet! Pure Rock;
-Be Quiet! Pure Power 10 CM 600W;
-NZXT H500 White

Monitor: Samsung C27F396FH
Keyboard and mouse: Cooler Master Masterset CM120

So these are all the components. They are all new.

Basically when I turned on the PC for the first time everything worked, the fans worked (system fans, graphic card fan, psu fan), the LEDs of the ram worked, the keyboard and mouse also worked but gave no signal to the monitor. I tried several times to turn on and off but nothing, even attacking the hdmi both on the motherboard and on the graphics card.
after many attempts and after having disconnected and connected some plugs, I finally received a signal on the monitor; then I entered the bios and I checked the frequencies and temperatures, everything seemed regular, the processor went to 3.60Ghz, while the ram went to 2133Mhz if I'm not mistaken. then I started to install windows 10 but while I was installing I get an error that a windows file was missing. Meanwhile I was looking on the phone what could be the problem related to the installation, suddenly the monitor does not give more signal and the leds of the mouse go off but the computer still worked. Then I decide to turn off and on the computer but the monitor gave no signal, the mouse and the keyboard did not turn on, the power LED on the case did not light up and the fan of the graphics card did not work, it only made a micro shot at power up . while the other fans worked, the LEDs of the ram and the dissipator worked. I tried several times to switch off and on and off and unplug all the wiring but nothing. then I decide to remove everything from the case and start everything on the motherboard box and the anti static bag but nothing, the same. I removed the hard drive and the SSD but nothing, I swapped the ram positions in all the slots even putting only one but nothing. I removed the CPU several times to see that some connector was not bent but it is all right. Now the CPU debug led remains on. According to you what problem can it be? I tried all the possible ways and guides, looking for video forums etc. but nothing. Many say that the bios must most probably be updated. But I can't enter inside the BIOS. But I can not understand why it worked first and then instead of suddenly it stopped. At the end I was thinking or asking for the AMD Boot kit or buying the MSI B450 Tomahawk. What do you recommend me to do or if any of you have had similar problems.
Thanks.

That motherboard BIOS comes ready for the AMD Ryzen 5 1600x, so that's not the issue.
Remove the power cord and press the power button for 15 seconds.
Remove the CMOS battery and wait 5 minutes before inserting it back.
Just leave the CPU, a RAM module, GPU and the SSD.
Make sure the 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power connectors are seated properly.
Also check that the GPU is seated properly and the 6-pin power is connected to it.
Connect the power cord and power on...any signs of life?

Nov 4, 2018
Hi, thanks for the answer. I tried as you told me but still nothing. CPU EZ Debug Led still on permanently. I left the battery off the motherboard for over a hour but nothing, always the same. No signal on the monitor, keyboard and mouse not working and power switch light on the case not working. Another solution?

Nov 4, 2018
All fans spinning except the graphics card fan that makes a micro movement for half second where instead before when I was able to enter the bios the fan was always spinning. The Ram Led light is always on in every slot, even when I put two of them. Keyboard and mouse led lights doesn't turn on, I think that every USB port doesn't work at the moment. The VGA doesn't have a led light...

It might not be resetting, try shorting the JBAT1 jumper to reset the board BIOS.
Just leave one stick of RAM on the slot A2 (2nd from CPU).
Power off the PC but leave the power cord connected.
Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for 10 seconds.
Remove the jumper cap and power on the PC.
It might take a while to go thru the first boot process.

If your CPU is properly seated (no bent pins) and the issue continues, then you need to replace the motherboard.

Nov 4, 2018
I tried also that but no life sign. I don't understand also why is on only the CPU debug led light even if I start the system without the graphic card and the Ram, it must at least turn on also the Ram and vga led lights but only the CPU led light is always on, the others are always off. I tried everything. I think I will ask to replace that motherboard with a new one. Or is better if I add 30$ more and get the MSI B450 Tomahawk instead of the same B350? I know that the B450 is made more for the new version of ryzen (2600, 2700...) but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem if I get the same motherboard. Tell me what is better to do. Thanks

Nov 4, 2018
Yeah I also read a lot of problems with this motherboard. The CPU has not bent pins, it's immaculate. I love MSI for the simplicity of the BIOS use, overclock and things like that. So the solution is or they change my motherboard with a new one or skip to the B450 Tomahawk that I personally like more. Is that mobo 100% compatible with the 1600x and all the rest of my configuration? So if one day I want to upgrade the processor to the second series I will have already the right motherboard, right?

Nov 4, 2018
I hope that's the motherboard the problem and not something else. But if I have only the CPU debug led light on even if o remove the Ram or the vga it means that is stuck or faulty. But I'm waiting for the reply from the reseller where I bought the motherboard and we will choose what we can do. If they can replace that mobo with a new one or if they give my money back I'll definitely will go with the B450...I will update the post as soon I receive my new mobo