[SOLVED] Problem with SATA-to-USB adapter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
I use this sata/usb adapter for my DVD drive but lately I used two drives on this adapter and the drives don't open the tray (only the LED lights up) and it doesn't read the disk but in Windows it appears that the drive is connected F: but if I plug this adapter into the PC's USB3.0 it keeps connecting and disconnecting the F:, what is happening? Is it a problem with the drivers, adapter or power supply?

D_NQ_NP_699090-MLB46655189447_072021-W.jpg

Solution
Are you using a PCI-E to USB 3.0 add-on card or the motherboard's USB 3.0 ports?

The AC adapter is usually 2A but some DVD drive uses up to 2.5A (at least mine does), after a while the whole thing starts disconnecting itself.

If you are using and add-on card with Windows 10, sometimes a driver update can screw up the add-on card as well.
Are you using a PCI-E to USB 3.0 add-on card or the motherboard's USB 3.0 ports?

The AC adapter is usually 2A but some DVD drive uses up to 2.5A (at least mine does), after a while the whole thing starts disconnecting itself.

If you are using and add-on card with Windows 10, sometimes a driver update can screw up the add-on card as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.