Problem with seasonic platinum

snoopx30x

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hi. About 1,5 month ago i got a seasonic 660w platinun i was so happy with it but 3 days ago when i opened my pc my computer abruptly shut off, then turned back on after a few secs (power surge?).
After that the PC opens ok but the screen dispays nothing.
I've changed all the cables, changed my gpu with a old one, changed slot on the pci cables and nothing happened.
Anyway i put an old PSU i got and the PC works ok.
I'm gonna RMA this seasonic but i just want to know if anyone has a clue about what actually happened and why.
Is it posible from a power surge (if it was one) to damage only the PCI cable slots.
The weird thing was that the fans of the GPU where spining ok but ... black screen.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Usually when a good/reliable quality PSU has to bow out, it will do so unobtrusively as in not damage other components in your system. One possible speculation would be that your system was in need of more power than was available. Could you please state your full systems specs? Sometimes lack of power can cause other components to spin but not allow other more power hungry devices to run - rare case but it happens.

TRENDING THREADS